Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is it Spring time yet?

This is a picture of last year's garden. This year's garden will be much bigger and hopefully much better, since I have added compost and organic fertilizers to the area. The soil looks good here, but there is very little organic matter. But at least there aren't many rocks either, which is saying a lot for my area. My biggest resource is rocks.

I'm ready for spring! It is time for the cold to move on out and let some better gardening weather move in. But I couldn't wait any longer and last weekend I planted some beet seeds, and of course after this week's rain and freezing temps, I'll likely have to plant them all again. But it felt good in the meantime to be doing something in the garden besides wishing.
Roxann, NW AR
Visit me at my blog: Ozark Musings

2 comments:

Growing in the Green said...

Beautiful Roxann. I thought I'd pop over here today and when I saw that picture I knew it was you...lol
We missed the eclipse with that ice storm overhead last night! darnit

Roxann said...

Hi Kristena, I missed the eclipse, too :( I am so ready for spring to arrive. I'm tired of being cooped up inside!